By KP, our resident food critic
Surely you know that StokeTravel do a bottomless brunch with unlimited mimosas at all of our destinations, because we know that nothing beats a big hearty serving of brunch to knock the edge off your hangover when you’re on holidays. These are the best places in Barcelona to start your day, fill your tummies and even get your bloody Mary buzz back on if you feel so inclined!
- Little Fern (€): Our favourite place in town for a good brunch, Little Fern opened its doors to us last year and their menu couldn’t get much better. Jay and Judit (the legendary owners) are two of the friendliest people you’ll meet & they’ve trained their staff to be the same with everyone that walks through their doors. Their price is great, their coffee is one of the best in town, they have an outdoor terrace to take in all the sunshine and have New Zealand wine on offer! Couldn’t really ask for more. Get their avocado and pea smash, you won’t be disappointed.
- Caravelle (€€): One of the OG brunch spots around, the Australian owners moved here straight out of London’s cafe scene and they know what’s up. With an in-house smoker (makes their bacon/sausages/ribs taste THAT much better) and an in-house brewery, they produce some delish artisan food & beer. That along with a team of some of the hottest young chefs in town serving creative, tasty food all day every day. Get the Spanglish from their brunch menu (they make their own sausage and have English style bacon – a rarity here). This is obviously a brunch recommendation but their dinner menu is just as impressive, and their taco nights are amazing.
- Enkel (€€): Located bang in the centre of the city, the girls at Enkel have an impressive brunch menu with South American flare and offer a bottomless brunch any day of the week. 35€ will get you a savoury plate, sweet plate, coffee/tea and unlimited cava/mimosas for 2 hours. Great place to get your buzz on before a day of sightseeing!
- Mensanna (€): These guys are a 5 minute stroll from Parc Ciutadella (in between Born and Poble Nou) and have one of the best priced brunch options around. Their open sandwiches (on naan bread) are a favourite along with their big fresh juices and delicious chai lattes. Enjoy it all on one of their terrace seats which gets sun for most of the morning. It’s hard to spend more than 10€ a head here for a well portioned, tasty brunch! NOTE: They have a really good lunch menu also, their speciality prawn tacos are the BEST!
- Marmalade, Firebug, Milk (€€): We have these three spots listed as one, as they are sister establishments and have similar menus. Located in three of the big touristic barrios (Raval, Born and Gothic), they have a HUGE, delicious brunch menu which is served until 4pm daily. Marmalade is a Stokie favourite, due to its size (we can all fit in here) and the fact they take reservations (on a Sunday this can be tricky). Their Turkish eggs and Asian chicken salad are both show stoppers!
Ready for a bang-up brunch to either get back on the horse, or to wipe away the sins of the previous day’s Barcelona Boat Party? Dive in, and remember – it’s never too early for bloody Marys!